Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Gazpacho (Part 2) and Balsamic Glaze

I thought about maybe naming this post Gazpacho Returns, or Gazpacho Strikes Back.  Maybe even Gazpacho II: The Return.  Anyway, needless to say, the gazpacho turned out wonderful, and the balsamic glaze really kicked it up a notch.  There's wasn't much for me to do today (besides waiting around for over two hours for the glaze to reduce), so there won't be a ton of pictures and this post won't be very long.

----

When I got home from work I started on the balsamic vinegar glaze.

 

The balsamic vinegar goes in a pan, which is then placed on a heat diffuser on about medium heat and reduced until it becomes almost syrupy.


Once it is done (in this case, about two and a half hours), you pour it into a squeeze bottle and it is ready to go after it cools a bit.


It doesn't make very much, but that's OK, because it's pretty potent, and you don't want to use very much at a time.

Then the gazpacho from yesterday's post, which has been sitting in the fridge all day, is blended, served in a bowl, and topped with a little of the glaze.


I tried to make some type of cool looking design, but ultimately failed in my food decorating skills.  But hey, the flavor was fantastic.  Michael and his girlfriend, Laura were around and they each loved it as well.  The gazpacho, combined with the glaze, provide a pretty bold flavor.

So that's it for this post.  I'm also going to be working to try to get a better design up for the blog.  I know the current one is pretty "blah".

3 comments:

  1. It's the 'Dark Gazpacho Rises'...come on

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, consistency of the glaze...syrupy but still kind of drippy/watery? Is it the acid in the vegetables that's making the glaze bead up like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's because it was still a bit warm whenever I used it. I should have let it cool longer but I didn't want to wait anymore. By now it's more syrupy.

    ReplyDelete